East Haven is a city located in the state of Vermont, in the United States. The population of East Haven is estimated to be around 2,000 people. The geography of East Haven is mostly rural, with rolling hills and farms providing a picturesque backdrop for the city. The climate in East Haven is typical of the northeastern United States, with hot summers and cold winters. See topbbacolleges for information about Addison County, Vermont.
The history of East Haven dates back to the 1700s when settlers began to build homes and establish farms throughout the area. Since then, East Haven has remained relatively unchanged, with its small-town feel becoming a defining characteristic for many residents. Politically, East Haven leans more towards conservative values but maintains an open-mindedness towards new ideas and policies.
The economy of East Haven has seen some growth over the past few years due to an influx of new businesses and residents moving into the area. There are several small businesses located within the city limits that provide goods and services to both residents and visitors alike. Education in East Haven is provided through public schools as well as several private institutions located nearby.
Finally, there are numerous landmarks located within or near East Haven that serve to draw visitors from all over New England each year. Some of these landmarks include Lake Carmel Park, which offers stunning views of Lake Carmel as well as hiking trails; Stony Brook Park which features picnic areas as well as swimming; and finally Rockwell Falls which provides breathtaking views from its observation deck atop a cliff overlooking the falls below.
Population: 301. Estimated population in July 2020: 304 (+1.0% change)
Males: 148 (49.2%), Females: 153 (50.8%)
Median resident age: 37.1 years
Median household income: $34,375
Median house value: $57,900
Races in East Haven:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.7%)
- Black (1.3%)
- Hispanic (0.7%)
- Asian Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: United States (43.9%), Irish (13.3%), English (12.6%), French (11.0%), Scottish (3.3%), Swedish (3.0%).
Elevation: 1020 feet
Neah East Haven, Vermont is a small rural town located in the northeast corner of the state. It has a population of just over 1,000 people and covers an area of just over 9 square miles. The majority of Neah East Haven’s population is made up of families and individuals who are employed in various industries, including agriculture, retail trade, manufacturing, and hospitality services.
The cost of living in Neah East Haven is relatively low compared to other parts of Vermont. The median home cost is $175,000 which is lower than the Vermont state median home price. Rent also tends to be lower than average when compared to other nearby towns. The average cost for groceries and utilities are also quite reasonable when compared to other towns in the area. Overall, living costs in Neah East Haven are much less expensive than other parts of Vermont or even New England as a whole.
The town offers plenty for its residents to do throughout the year with its ample outdoor recreation opportunities such as fishing and camping at nearby lakes and rivers as well as hiking trails through the Green Mountains National Forest. There are also several cultural attractions such as museums, art galleries, music venues, restaurants and more that offer entertainment for all ages. Additionally there are many local businesses offering goods and services that benefit both residents and visitors alike.
For population 25 years and over in East Haven
- High school or higher: 71.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 12.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in East Haven town
- Never married: 18.8%
- Now married: 62.3%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 7.2%
- Divorced: 9.9%
1.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +32 (+11.9%).
Hospitals/medical centers near East Haven:
- NORTHEASTERN VERMONT REG HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; SAINT JOHNSBURY, VT)
- LITTLETON REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; LITTLETON, NH)
- WEEKS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 27 miles; LANCASTER, NH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to East Haven:
- BURLINGTON INTL (about 89 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; Abbreviation: BTV)
- RUTLAND STATE (about 107 miles; RUTLAND, VT; Abbreviation: RUT)
- CLINTON CO (about 113 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Abbreviation: PLB)
Other public-use airports nearest to East Haven:
- JOHN H BOYLAN STATE (ISLAND POND) (about 10 miles; ISLAND POND, VT; Abbreviation: 5B1)
- CALEDONIA COUNTY (about 12 miles; LYNDONVILLE, VT; Abbreviation: 6B8)
- NEWPORT STATE (about 28 miles; NEWPORT, VT; Abbreviation: EFK)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to East Haven:
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY (about 65 miles; NORTHFIELD, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,585)
- PLYMOUTH STATE COLLEGE (about 65 miles; PLYMOUTH, NH; Full-time enrollment: 3,542)
- DARTMOUTH COLLEGE (about 70 miles; HANOVER, NH; Full-time enrollment: 5,309)
- UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT AND STATE AGRICULTURAL COLL (about 84 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; Full-time enrollment: 8,852)
- SAINT MICHAELS COLLEGE (about 90 miles; COLCHESTER, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,272)
- MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (about 100 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,265)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT PLATTSBURGH (about 110 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Full-time enrollment: 5,601)
Public primary/middle school in East Haven:
- EAST HAVEN RIVER SCHOOL (Students: 44; Location: 64A COMMUNITY BUILDING ROAD; Grades: KG – 08)